If you are charged with a criminal offence you probably have many questions about how the legal process will unfold. This book was developed to answer your questions and to equip you with the knowledge and information you need.
Nineteen full chapters will inform and educate you so that you can be an active participant in your case. Topics covered in the 19 chapters include:
- What steps you can take right now to help defend your case;
- What happens when the police arrest you;
- Understanding your criminal charges;
- Why you should not just plead guilty to your criminal charges;
- Possible defences and strategies that can lead to your charges being dismissed;
- The legal and financial consequences of being found guilty;
- Whether or not you are going to have a criminal record; and
- What questions to ask before you hire a criminal lawyer to defend you.
The author draws on his extensive criminal defence experience to provide a step-by-step, plain language description from the initial charge stage to the completion of the proceedings in the criminal justice system, including sentencing. This book offers practical advice on the preparation of your case and how you and your lawyer can work together, starting immediately, to achieve the most successful outcome possible.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a criminal offence, this book could make a real difference in your life now and your future.
Sign up and get the book today!